In this most difficult hour since the creation of the State of Israel, Momentum is leading a mission for fathers around the world to stand in unity and solidarity with the people of Israel.
Momentum leadership, alumni and fathers of lone soldiers are embarking on this critical mission to support our fellow Israeli fathers, brothers, and their families, as we take action and bring them spiritual strength.
Nov. 28 – Dec. 3, 2023
6-DAY TRIP ITINERARY
Visit areas and sites impacted by the war
Connect with Israeli residents, soldiers, and families of evacuees
Meet with Momentum Israel brothers and hear their personal stories
Participate in meaningful volunteer opportunities
Take home and share practical ideas on how to “take action” and help now
$2,950 Double occupancy in premium hotel
$ 900 Single supplement**
Applications close Monday, November 20th at 12 pm US ET
Founding Director of Momentum
Lori Palatnik is a world-renowned Jewish educator, speaker, writer, and media personality. She has lectured worldwide and authored several books, including Remember My Soul and Turn Your Husband Into Your Soul Mate. Hadassah named Lori one of the “Most Outstanding Jewish American Women of Our Time.” In 2020, Lori was selected to light the “Diaspora” torch at the national ceremony for Israel’s 72nd Independence Day.
6-Day Itinerary Includes:
Visit areas and sites impacted by the current war and connect with Israeli residents.
Make a difference
Make a difference by meaningful volunteering each day , strengthening IDF soldiers, families of evacuees and more. Security permitting
Meet Momentum Israel brothers and hear their personal stories
Take in spiritual inspiration from Momentum Educators and inspiring guest speakers
Gain and craft practical ideas on how you can help, to share with your families and communities back home.
Join inspiring classes and advocacy-building workshops with Momentum educators and experience Shabbat in Jerusalem
What are the mission dates?
The mission dates are Tuesday, Nov. 28th-Dec. 3rd, ending in the evening, for flights after 11 pm.
What are the goals of the Unity Mission?
- Unity – Get a first-hand experience of the unity and the Israelis stepping up across-the-board to volunteer on the ground in Israel.
- Support – Get an opportunity for meaningful volunteerism, taking action to make a difference for Momentum sisters and brothers in their time of distress.
- Build Ambassadors – Gain and craft practical ideas, calls to action, to share with your communities and to the Momentum global movement.
- Presence – Deepen your capacity to be present with the pain of another and offer comfort.
- Relationships – foster relationships to help carry us through this difficult time
What are the qualifications to join the unity mission?
This is an opportunity to stand in solidarity with Israel. Momentum’s alumnae, Jewish fathers, who are willing to strengthen Israel and its people at this dire time are invited.
Do I need to apply through a partner organization?
No, this is open to interested individuals and applications will be processed as they are received.
Can someone apply who has not gone on a Momentum trip?
If you have not been on a Momentum trip before, you are invited to apply too. This trip does not have the same eligibility criteria as Momentum trips so parents with kids older than the Momentum demographic or more strongly affiliated with their Jewish observance can apply.
Is it safe to be in Israel?
Israel is at war, and this is foremost in planning every element of this mission. Security will be our constant priority, and guards will be with the group throughout the mission. We will have security clearance for all planned programs.
What is the cost and what is included?
$2,950, excluding airfare.
- 5 nights at a premium hotel, double occupancy
- All programs and site visits
- Kosher meals
- Airport transfers and air-conditioned motor coach throughout the program.
- All tips and gratuities.
- Single supplement will be an additional charge.
What is the itinerary for the trip?
- Visit areas and sites impacted by the current war and connect with Israeli residents.
- Make a difference by meaningful volunteering each day, strengthening IDF soldiers, families of evacuees and more.
- Meet Momentum Israel brothers and hear their personal stories.
- Take in spiritual inspiration from Momentum Educators and inspiring guest speakers
- Gain and craft practical ideas on how you can help, to share with your families and communities back home.
Where will I stay during the trip?
The hotels for the trip will be in Jerusalem, and any travel during the day will start and return to Jerusalem.
What is the cancellation policy?
- If Momentum cancels the trip, the fees are fully reimbursed.
- Flight arrangements are between the individual and the airline operator.
What are the plans for Fathers of Lone Soldiers (FOLS)?
Limited scholarships to subsidize program.
Fathers of Lone Soldiers integrated on bus.
Program will not include any arranged reunions with their children serving in the IDF.
Are there separate trips for mothers and fathers?
Yes, there will be women’s mission and men’s mission running on the same dates.
Are there any expectations after the mission?
There is no mandatory requirement to attend a follow up program, like a Year of Growth, but we expect every participant to take the ideas, information, and inspiration back to their own community in order to make a difference.
How strenuous is the mission?
These will be emotionally intensive, long days that include active volunteer programs.
What is the language of the mission?
This mission will be for English speakers. Participants from countries where English is not the primary language can join as long as they speak English fluently and are aware that all content throughout the mission will be offered in English.
Can I bring gifts/donations to support Israel? If yes, then what do you recommend?
Absolutely. Needs are changing swiftly. Momentum is coordinating with groups in need of equipment and will be sending a list to all participants with the specific items to bring. Please wait for instructions from Momentum before purchasing anything so that we can be sure that all items can be received and distributed within Israel. Please note, that Momentum will allow participants to bring a 2nd duffle bag with gifts and donations.
Do I need to purchase insurance?
- Yes, all participants need to purchase a travel insurance policy of their choice. It’s important to be aware of what the policy includes and what is excluded. Momentum is not responsible for any travel-related cancellations.
- Momentum will provide health insurance for the dates of the trip.
Do I need an active data/cell phone plan in Israel?
Each participant needs to have an active DATA plan for the trip for safety and for daily communication on WhatsApp. WiFi alone is not enough as it can be spotty and slow.
Participants can activate an international plan through their own cellular provider or purchase a sim card or eSIM card (if the phone can be unlocked) from our preferred provider Talk N Save. Use discount code unity5 to receive a 5% discount on your order.
How can I pack most efficiently?
Please use the Momentum trip packing guide as a reference.
This trip will not have the Masada/Dead Sea components so bathing suit, towels, water shoes are not needed.
This trip does include active programs, so comfortable clothes and shoes, including some that you don’t mind getting dirty (from outside activities), are important.
Participants may bring:
- 1 full-size suitcase
- 1 backpack (you will receive a Momentum backpack in Israel)
- 1 personal item without wheels (i.e. purse, fanny back, or small duffel)
- A 2nd duffle bag for gifts and donations (optional)
What flights should I book?
The program begins on Tues, Nov. 28th at 11 am. Flights should arrive by 10:30 am.
Departing flights should be Sunday, Dec. 3rd, after 11 pm.
What transportation is provided to and from the airport?
- Transportation from the airport to the program will be provided for flights that arrive on Tues., Nov 28th by 10:30 am.
- Group transportation will be provided from the hotel in Jerusalem to the airport for flights departing Sun., Dec. 3rd after 11pm.
Will there be time on the trip to visit friends and family?
As the trip is only 6 days, we recommend arriving early or staying after the trip to spend time with friends and family so you do not miss any programs and activites on the trip.
Is there WiFi?
For information on using electronics and wifi while in Israel, please visit this link.