A Revitalizing Yearlong Journey
The MOMentum Yearlong Journey for Mothers of Lone Soldiers
In Partnership with Nefesh B’Nefesh
Join Mothers of Lone Soldiers on a revitalizing Yearlong Journey, beginning with a profound, personal 8-day journey in Israel. You’ll connect to Jewish values, take in inspiring Jewish wisdom, and explore the land your children sustain. Then, continue your journey back home with monthly online gatherings and Jewish learning!
Enjoy empowering Jewish classes led by world-class speakers. Explore dynamic Tel Aviv, Masada’s desert magic, Shabbat in Jerusalem, and so much more. Discover how to connect deeply with yourself, your family, and your community.
Here’s what you need to know before you apply:
- The Yearlong Journey is intended for mothers worldwide with at least one child aged 21 or under who have a child currently serving as an IDF lone soldier or has had a child that has served within the past 2 years; or for mothers whose child is in the process of joining the IDF.
- The Yearlong Journey is intended for mothers who are less engaged in Jewish community life and ritual observance.
- The Yearlong Journey is highly subsidized. However, participants will be responsible for certain fees, including airfare, 1-2 meals daily, $99 registration fee, $75 for all tips, and $25 for Momentum’s Year of Growth book.
- The MOMentum Trip to Israel will occur July 11-18, 2023. Participants must commit to attending three pre-trip online meetings to be held in May and June 2023 and the monthly follow-up online learning sessions.
- The trip is packed with planned activities and experiences. We cannot guarantee that you will have time to visit your soldier, friends, or family during the trip dates.
- You should plan to arrive early or extend your stay in Israel for these types of visits.
- This trip is intended for first-time participants and is not open to Momentum alumni.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MOMentum Yearlong Journey?
Momentum’s flagship program is the MOMentum Yearlong Journey, which includes an inspiring trip to Israel for women across the globe, specifically Jewish mothers with children age 18 and under (age 21 for Mothers of Lone Soldiers). Since 2009, over 20,000 individuals from 30 different countries have experienced this life-changing journey, returning home with a connection to Jewish values, ties to Israel, and the tools to take action in their homes and communities. We encourage you to check out more information about the Yearlong Journey and other learning opportunities with Momentum by exploring our website.
Who is this trip intended for?
- Mothers who have a child serving or served (in the past 2 years) as a Lone Soldier in the IDF. We will also accept women whose child is in the process of joining the IDF.
- Participants must have at least one child age 21 and under.
- The Momentum Journey is designed for women less committed to Jewish community life and ritual observance.
- Available to be in Israel July 11-18, 2023
- Committed to attending the pre and post trip online sessions
- Desire to join a group travel experience with other Mothers of Lone Soldiers.
- The Israel trip is fast-paced and active; participants need to be in good health in order to participate.
What is included in the trip?
Unless otherwise noted, the following is included: all educational programs and activities in Israel, tours, group transportation, medical insurance, daily breakfast plus an additional meal on some days, hotel accommodations (double occupancy). Single rooms are available upon request for an additional fee.
Not included are 1-2 meals each day that you may enjoy during your free time and items of a personal nature such as souvenirs, extra snacks and drinks.
Airfare is not included. Participants are expected to book flights on their own that arrive by 12pm on July 11th and depart not earlier than 11pm on July 18th.