Thank you for your interest in Momentum’s “Israel First” trips.
We are so excited to pilot this program after many months of missing our trips!
Momentum understands that you may have questions and be wondering how the trip will look and feel. There will be changes and adjustments to how the trip functions logistically as well as to some of the programs. We view these changes as an opportunity to provide a more personal experience. Groups will be smaller and more intimate while maintaining Momentum’s signature programs. We will address participants’ emotional and spiritual needs amid the global pandemic. Momentum is excited to have you join our connective, inspiring experience in Israel.
We are closely monitoring the travel guidelines issued by the Israeli government. The safety of our participants is our top priority. Israel’s Ministry of Health is now accepting applications from organizations to allow for international delegations to visit Israel. If approved, these delegations are allowed to bypass the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Israel, as is the current regulation for international tourists. The delegation would be considered a “capsule.” Israel also announced it will be offering rapid Covid-19 tests in Ben Gurion Airport beginning in October 2020, giving results in only 4 hours. We are optimistic and energized about the opportunity to be together in a safe space!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MOMentum Year-Long Journey?
Momentum’s flagship program is the MOMentum Year-Long Journey, which includes an inspiring trip to Israel for women across the globe, specifically Jewish mothers with children under the age of 18. Since 2009, over 20,000 individuals from 30 different countries have experienced this life- changing journey, returning home with a connection to Jewish values, ties to Israel and the tools to take action in their homes and communities.
Who is this trip intended for?
– Women who have a child serving or served (in the past 2 years) as a Lone Soldier in the IDF. We will also accept women whose child is in the process of joining the IDF.
– Participants must have children under 21.
– The Momentum Journey is designed for women less committed to Jewish community life and ritual observance.
What are the dates for the Year-Long Journey?
– The Momentum Journey starts with 3 pre trip sessions that take place in the months leading up to the trip.
– The trip starts on Monday, May 3rd 2021, in Israel. All participants must be in Israel by 10AM on the day the trip starts.
What are the costs?
– A $99 acceptance fee, a $75 tip fee, and a $25 Year Of Growth book fee.
– Participants will be required to cover the cost of their flight. Flight subsidies are available based on need.
– Some meals during the trip are at the participants expense.
– Participants pay a $500 deposit, which is fully refundable upon returning from the trip.
What is the process for being accepted into this program?
– You need to apply at MomentumUnlimited.org, and meet the criteria as mentioned above (#1).
– Once all applications are in, we will select 20 women to receive the scholarship to join the program and attend the Year Long Journey.
How many women will receive scholarships to participate in the MOMentum Year-Long Journey that includes the trip in May 2021?
– We have room for 20 mothers in this special group.
– Not everyone who applies for the trip will be able to attend.
What if my child has completed their army service already, or have not begun it yet?
– We are looking for mothers whose children are actively serving as Lone Soldiers at the time on the trip.
– We will also accept women whose child served as a Lone Soldier in the IDF in the past 2 years and women whose child is in the process of joining the IDF.
What are the Post trip commitments?
– Every woman who comes on the trip must commit to join 10 sessions as determined by the Community Leaders of the Year Long Journey.
– The sessions will be held virtually so to accommodate everyone in their current location.
– In addition, participants will be invited to local Partners events.
What are the regulations set by the Israel Ministry of Health?
– Masks must be worn at all times both inside and outside, except while exercising and in a private car. There is a $150 fine for not doing so.
– Physical distancing must be maintained at 6 feet (2 meters)
– Multiple and daily body temperature checks
– Number of people at a venue is regulated, depending on the size of the venue
Will any testing be required before departing for Israel?
This has not yet been determined, but it is expected that some type of test will be required.
Will any Covid-19 testing be required on arrival in Israel or during the trip?
This has not yet been determined, but it is expected that some type of test will be required upon entry into Israel.
What are “green” countries?
Current “green” countries are (updated Sept. 1, 2020):
Austria, Australia, Uruguay, Ireland, Taiwan, Norway, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Thailand, Italy, Estonia, Bulgaria, UK, Georgia, Germany, Denmark, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Finland, Cyprus, Croatia, Canada, Rwanda, Jordan, Hong Kong, New Zealand
What are the implications of traveling from a “green” country?
Anyone arriving from a “green” country does not need to quarantine upon arrival in Israel.
What are Israel’s requirements for international tourists?
If you are not arriving from a “green” country, Israel requires a 2 week quarantine period upon arrival. We expect the requirements will change and plan to facilitate our December trips without quarantine requirements
Are restaurants open in Israel?
Yes, restaurants are open with limits on capacity indoors and with extra outdoor seating.
Are shops open in Israel?
Yes, malls and stores are open with limits on the number of shoppers allowed in a store at one time, and with all other safety measures as required by the Israel Health Ministry.
What safety measures will be in place on the trip?
Each bus will act as a capsule, which is like an extended family. This means we will only need to maintain physical distancing with those who are not a part of the bus family.
There will be an expectation of wearing a mask, both inside and outside.
Bus companies, hotels, and venues will adhere to the Ministry of Health regulations, including additional disinfecting procedures.
Will staff be screened for Covid-19?
Yes, all staff will be screened.
What health insurance is included?
Momentum provides health insurance for all participants, which includes Covid coverage.
Pre-existing conditions are not included, nor are any expenses relating to quarantine or change of flights.
What if I buy my airline ticket and I cannot go on the trip?
We recommend purchasing traveler’s insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances.
What changes will we see on the trip due to Covid-19?
We will have smaller groups allowing for a more personalized and safer experience
We will adapt our signature Momentum experience to accommodate the needs of this unique trip, including adjustments to programs and tours, tour buses at 50% capacity, and single rooms available for an additional cost.
We will make adjustments to how items are distributed, i.e., handouts, water bottles, headsets, etc.
How many people will be on a bus?
Buses will be limited to 25 participants per bus, which is 50% capacity
Will I have a roommate?
You will have a roommate and have the opportunity to choose your roommate prior to the trip. Single rooms are available for an additional fee of $640 for the trip.
What meals will be included?
Breakfast is included daily at the hotel.
A standard Momentum trip generally includes 1 lunch and 3 dinners.
If I am high-risk, is it safe for me to join the trip?
The World Health Organization recommends that anyone who is high risk not travel.
What happens if I develop Covid symptoms on the trip?
Momentum will follow protocols put in place by the Israel Ministry of Health. This includes isolating the individual from the group and getting tested for Covid-19.
What is the latest date I can cancel?
Momentum will refund all fees and deposit money if you are prevented from traveling due to Covid-19.
What if Momentum has to cancel these trips?
Every participant will receive a full refund.
Additional Questions? Contact Us!
Thank you for your interest in our “Israel First” trips. If Momentum has to cancel these trips due to Covid19 restrictions, we will reschedule alternate dates when it is permissible. The safety and well-being of our participants and staff is our highest priority and foremost concern. We look forward to seeing you soon! Let us know if you have any additional questions info@MomentumUnlimited.org.