Reporting to the Director of Development, the Regional Development Director is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on five-figure multi-year gifts with a focus on a targeted geographic region. Proactively collaborates and communicates with the Board Development Committee, key lay leaders, and staff to assure a unified and integrated approach for cultivation and/or solicitation and serves as the account manager for several key solicitors. This position will participate in community building and fundraising events with our partner organizations in an effort to maintain a relationship with participants and work with our partners for mutual fundraising and community development. The Regional Development Director will be responsible for regional follow-up with donors, prospects and cultivates new individual and foundation relationships.
Develop and manage your own portfolio of major ($10,000+) individual gift and foundation prospects, and design and implement strategies for their cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This includes but is not limited to acknowledging gifts, creating engagement opportunities, and maintaining regular communications with prospects and donors
Develop and execute individualized development plans for significant donors and prospects – including the effective use of lay leaders and staff.
Convert one-time gifts of under $10,000 to annual giving, by developing alternative cultivation plans.
Provide support for regional receptions by focusing on stewardship and follow-up with donors and prospects after the events. Work with the programs and partnership team to partner with event lay leaders on targeting and maximizing recruitment strategies to ensure optimal event attendance, Follow-up with attendees to maximize giving. Attends regional cultivation events predominantly in the US.
Serve as the account manager for other key solicitors such as Board Members and contacts in South Florida. Working closely with other members of the development team, support board member fundraising activity with donor research, materials preparation, and relevant follow-up.
Identify and cultivate foundation prospects and work within the region to submit relevant requests and reports.
Attends targeted industry conferences that support annual stewardship and cultivation goals.
Conducts donor research and draft proposals as needed to maximize relationship building and strategy implementation.
Effectively utilizes the donor database (SalesForce) with timely and detailed entries and relevant reporting.
Participates in department meetings and company-wide events, and performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Collaborates with other departments to identify and support fundraising opportunities.
- BA in a relevant field required.
- At least seven years of successful fundraising experience within a Jewish communal, higher education, or nonprofit setting; Significant experience identifying, cultivating, and soliciting five-, six-, and seven-figure gifts from individual and family foundations.
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Talent for interacting with diplomacy and tact amid influential constituents and diverse groups
- Results-oriented with a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adapt and respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Self-starter who has the entrepreneurial thinking to generate new approaches in addition to implementing prescribed plans.
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high work quality.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite projects (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to be successful working across various populations of the Jewish community.
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional hours based on operational needs of working in a global environment with staff in multiple time zones.
- Prior experience in using Salesforce or other donor databases preferred
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to meet with donors and attend events
Please use this link to submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations: firstname.lastname@example.org